Stephen Kepper joined Intellectual Property Consulting in 2015, bringing his expertise in securing intellectual property rights, negotiating licenses, and providing litigation support for clients in matters of infringement, unfair trade practices, trade secrets, and other intellectual property issues.
Before joining IPC, Stephen honed his litigation skills at an insurance defense law firm in New Orleans, where he gained valuable experience representing clients in state and federal courts.
In 2012, Stephen graduated from Loyola University College of Law, where he distinguished himself as a member of the Trial Advocacy Board. His dedication to patent law earned him the Law Excellence Award in Patent Law.
Stephen holds a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from Vanderbilt University, which he achieved in 2007. Following his undergraduate studies, he worked as a marine engineer for a prominent engineering firm in New Orleans. In this role, he contributed to the design and construction of various offshore drilling rigs.
With his impressive background, Stephen is a registered patent attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He is also admitted to practice before all Louisiana courts and the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
Stephen Kepper's extensive experience and comprehensive knowledge of intellectual property law make him a valuable asset to Intellectual Property Consulting and a trusted advocate for his clients.
Professional & Civic Activities
Awards & Recognition
- Represented a tactical gear manufacturer before the Eastern District of North Carolina to enforce its patents covering a expandable magazine carrier, successfully finding a likelihood of infringement at the preliminary injunction stage.
- Represented a playwright in a copyright infringement dispute in the Northern District of California against the holder of intellectual property rights covering the ficitional character, Zorro, and successfully obtained a declaratory judgment of non-infringement at the summary judgment stage.
- Represented Laitram, LLC in obtaining a patent for a modular roller conveyor before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Represented a manufacturer of golfing products enforce its patents against a Chinese manufacturer, successfully obtaining a consent permanent injunction.
- Managing and prosecuting a patent portfolio that covers over twenty countries across five continents.
IPC in the News
- Intellectual Property Consulting Recognized for Excellence in The Best Lawyers in America (2024 Edition)
- Intellectual Property Consulting Attorney Files Patent Infringement Suit Over Golf Training Aid
- Intellectual Property Consulting Attorneys Recognized as The Best Lawyers in America® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America
- Court Case Update: IPC Attorneys Featured in Law360